The library functions on an open access system for the faculty members and the research scholars but the students have only a limited open access. The library has rich collection on science and Technology, Social Science, Management, Education, Physical education and Home science. It covers Books, Reference Books, Books, E-books, Journals, E- Journals, Theses, and Dissertation, Online Databases, and Reports, back holdings of Journals, Proceedings of Seminar, and conferences.
The college library has collection around 6947 books and periodicals, journals, it subscribed journals in various discipline.The Library reading Facilities are open every day for use from 10.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. on all working days.
The library is administered by college librarian with the assistance of library attendant and one supporting staff. The library advisory committee is there for policy making, with the Honorable principal as its’ chair person and Librarian as its’ Secretary.
Library Advisory Committee
The Library Committee plays a vital role in enhancing and developing the library services, making suitable policies that will help the library to render its best.
At present following are the members of Library Advisory Committee
Dr. Nitin H. Indurwade Principal
Dr. B. E. Wanjari Member
Mr. Abhishek D. Purohit Member
Mr.Sunil B. Chaudhary Member
- Our College having a well furnisher and well equipped library. Having most renowned collection on various subjects. Collections are developed by Decision of Library advisory committee, librarian and library staff by buying or otherwise acquiring materials over a period, based on assessment of the information needs of the library’s users.
- Total Collection :- 6947
- Total Titles :- 1124
- Total Reference book :- 1124
- National Journals :- 08
- International Journals :- 07
- Number of Newspaper :- 07
General Rules :
- Every Student entering the Library Premises should have a valid college identity card. It should be produced as and when demanded.
- Identity card and Reader’s Ticket are non-transferable.
- Students must handle books, periodicals, Newspapers etc. with great care, any attempt to damage books or Periodicals, by defacing or tearing the pages will treated as serious misconduct and strictly dealt with.
- The Computer Terminal provided for students to search and requisition of books shall be used with utmost care.
- If the Original identity card or Reader’s Ticket is lost a duplicate will be issued from administrative block.
- A complete silence and strict discipline should be maintained in the library and Reading room.
- If any reference book is required, student should approach the librarian.
- Enter your name and Sign in the register kept at the entrance counter before entering library
- (For students – Daily attendance register and For Teaching staff, Non-teaching staff, Visitors – Visitors register)
- Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premises
LATE FEE (Over Due) –
- In case of late return of books students will have to pay fine at the rate of Rs.1/- per day on each book
- Books will be issued to the students for 15 days only. In the first page slip is pasted and stamped mentioning the due date and the fine will be charged @ Re.1 per day per book from the due date till the book is returned to library.
- While charging the fine holidays will be counted.
- Re-issue of the books will depend upon the demand for the same.
- No late fee will be charged to teacher, staff in the college.
- All cases of disregard of these rules will be reported to the principal for appropriate action.
Note: (These rules however, shall not apply to books issued to the authorities, officers of the college for official purpose.)
Damage & Book Loss
If the books are lost, Then the borrower shall replace the books of the same edition or latest edition or pay double cost of the book after getting permission from the librarian.
Reader shall not write upon, damage, tear off the leaves or make any mark either in pencil or ink upon any book.
Books will be issued on presentation of the college I card. Students are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
It shall be the duty of the Library Attendant on duty at the counter to examine each book returned by a member and to check if it is damage.
The following persons shall be entitled to borrow
1) Members of the Gondia Education Society.
2) Officers, Members from college authorities
3) Teaching Staff of Degree College and Junior college, Guests lecturers.
4) Teachers, Librarians of the colleges which come under the GES.
5) Supporting Staff and Non- Teaching staff of the college
6) Students, Post Graduate students, studying in college in various departments.
B) Terms & Conditions
(i) The duration of membership shall be for one year and shall have to be renewed every year.
(ii) Any change of address should be notified to the librarian during the membership.
1) COMPUTERIZED CIRCULATION SECTION:
A modern library cannot be imagined without the application of computers. In the library and information centers computers can be used for performing efficiently all sorts of jobs from the procurement of the reading materials to their organization and use. So, it can serve as a remedy for all the existing problems of libraries and information centers. But, till now computers have been used successfully in the following areas of library activities.
2) REFERENCE SERVICES:
The term reference service, in general may be defined as an active personal service, providing active assistance and instructions to users for promoting the use of library resources answering user’s request for new information, compiling catalogue, and bibliographies etc. on topic of research. Library users can consult with librarian in finding information.
3) NEWS PAPER CLIPPING SERVICE:
In college library news paper clipping services is provides for the all in college. This service is limited to college only. Because for this the manual news paper clipping album is maintained by college library. In which all the news which published in various local, state level newspapers are pasted on news album. These all news is preserved in the digital form for the future need. These all news clipping are provided to required person as per their need.
This news clipping services provided news as per the annual academic calendar programme, events organized by college and various departments, cultural activities (state, national level), sports, seminars, conferences, events organized by library etc…
Newspaper cuttings of academic related matters, job opportunities and job advertisements are collected periodically and displayed in the Display notice board. News for upcoming seminars, conferences are also display.
4) Reprographic service:
The College Library has one Reprographic unit. Library provides this facility to all staff & students in the college. Students should pay 1 Rs. for one copy. All teaching staff also needs to pay 1 RS. per copy for their personal work. Reprographic work is related to college and department they need to come with note written by principal. Reprographic unit is handled by trained supporting staff of library.
5) OPEN ACCESS System:
The college library has open access for the teaching staff, Non-teaching staff and supporting staff. But for all undergraduate students library is following close access system for the security purpose.All should give their ID card to library staff while entering the library stack room.
6) Internet surfing:
College library is providing “Internet surfing” facility to Teaching staff and students free of cost for their educational point of view. For Internet Surfing Five systems are kept in reading room with broadband connectivity. To avail this facility student’s needed to keep their ID card at reception counter of library reading room and they should sign in Daily Attendance Register.
All teaching Staff (Degree and Junior) needs to sign in Visitor’s Register before using the Internet facility. E-Mail & Internet services shall be provided for academic purposes only.